Hollow Ball Covers For Drinking Water
Floating Ball Covers for Municipal Drinking Water applications NSF 61Not just a hollow plastic ball but a solution to a problem for many Municipal Drinking Water applications, ECC provides not just a hollow plastic ball, but a solution to a problem. Most of our successful installations have resulted from working closely with customers, sharing our ideas and experience and tailoring a solution to meet their specific requirements for floating ball covers. ECC floating ball covers provide highly effective solutions to difficult water storage problems for Municipal Utilities. By placing a sufficient quantity of hollow plastic balls onto the surface of a liquid, the balls automatically arrange themselves into a close packed formation over 91% of the surface area. This high surface coverage provides an extremely effective barrier and significantly reduces the mass and heat transfer mechanisms operating between the liquid and surrounding environment. The hollow plastic balls will form floating ball covers for ponds, tanks, lagoons, and other basins. The hollow plastic balls offer a very low conductivity which results in an extremely effective thermal insulation barrier. With levels always moving the ECC floating ball covers will rise and fall with fluctuating water levels in tanks and reservoirs. When water levels fall the balls will double stack until the level rises again and the cover will automatically spread into a single layer of coverage. Innovative Applications for ECC Hollow Plastic Balls Include…
- Evaporation reduction. Covering the water surface minimizes evaporation and water loss.
- Algae control. The hollow plastic balls block the UV from penetrating the water.
- Camouflage pond basins from waterfowl / bird deterrent
- Ammonia reduction
- Comparison of the ECC Floating Ball Covers against the Normal floating solid cover.
- Reduction of liquid loss through evaporation by up to 90%.
ECC Floating Ball Covers
- No Maintenance
- No vegetation growth on cover
- Easy to move through for pump repair
- 10 year warranty
- Less expensive
Normal solid floating ball covers
- High Maintenance
- Vegetation Growth on cover
- Must be removed to repair pumps
- 1-2 year warranty
- Considerably higher cost
|Liquid Loss Savings From Water at these temps F||(W) 4”balls Evaporation loss in quarts / ft2 h||(WO) Cover Evaporation loss in quarts / ft2 h|